Alida Solutions team of top notch translators has helped new client translate subtitles from English to Russian for 2.0, a 2018 Indian Tamil-language science fiction action film directed by S. Shankar and written by Jeyamohan and S. Shankar.
2.0 is the second installment in the Enthiran franchise, and a standalone sequel to Enthiran (2010). The film follows the conflict between Chitti, the once dismantled humanoid robot, and Pakshi Rajan, a former ornithologist who seeks vengeance upon cell phone users to prevent avian population decline.
“O birds, you are all over this world.
You have spread your wings right up to Heaven.
Our earth and our skies abound in these birds,
Feathered creatures of our world!”
«О птицы, вы парите вокруг света,
И крылья ваши достигают облаков.
Вы заполняете собою нашу землю, наше небо,
Крылатые создания миров!»
Russia premiere was held on 25 July 2019.
World premiere was held on 28 November 2018.
Fun facts about the film:
- 2.0 is the most expensive Indian film to date.
- The film is the first in Indian cinema to be natively shot in 3D.
- Its 2D teaser video has been viewed over 32 million times in 24 hours.
- The film, which contains approximately 1,000 visual effects shots, was delayed numerous times while the computer-generated imagery work was being completed by numerous effects studios.
- Some one million smartphones and their copies were used over the course of film production works.
- More than 3 000 people worldwide worked on the film.
- Critics particularly praised the film for social message.
- The film topic was trended and top searched queries on Google Trends for a week.
- It earned ₹117.34 crore (US$17 million) worldwide on its first day, which was the second highest ever for an Indian film.
- The film crossed ₹520 crore (US$75 million) in its opening weekend to be the highest-grossing film worldwide for that week.
- 2.0 is the second highest-grossing film in India and is the sixth highest-grossing Indian film worldwide.
- On its second day, the film went on to be number one at the Australian box office.
- In Malaysia, the film had an all-time highest opening for any Tamil film.
- The film debuted at number 11 at the American box office, earning $4.09 million.
- In its four-day opening weekend, the film opened at number one at the United Arab Emirates box office, earning $2.5 million, ahead of Creed II (2018).
- Shilpa Jamkhandikar of Reuters wrote, "This film certainly has the look and feel of a big-ticket Hollywood production, and that alone is worth the price of the ticket".
- In addition to its original language, the film was released in 14 other languages with dubbed versions.
Alida Solutions has a dedicated team of top notch translators and interpreters who help clients in their business activity all over the world. We accept instructions for high volume and high value projects. We serve clients in Arabic, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. Other languages upon request.
Please click here to view our past practice.